- Lessons are on a weekly basis, 30, 45, or 60 minutes in length.
- Regular attendance at lessons must be a priority for students in order to ensure success. It is essential that students bring all of their music books and materials to their lesson
each week. The full lesson fee will be charged to students who forget to bring their books to the lesson.
- If a student must cancel a lesson, a 24-hour notice is necessary to reschedule the lesson or receive credit for the make-up lesson. A student who fails to provide notice (a no-show)
will forfeit the lesson without the benefit of a rescheduled lesson or receiving credit for the end-of-semester make-up lesson. Lessons will not be lengthened for late arrivals.
- If the teacher must cancel the lesson, the student will be credited, reimbursed, or rescheduled.
- Lessons will follow the school calendar. There will be a break the week of Thanksgiving; a two-week break for the winter holidays; and a one-week spring break.
- There will be thirty-two lessons per year (from August – May).
- There will be two make-up lessons given throughout the year; one in January and one in May. You are entitled to receive one make-up lesson for any and all
lessons you may have missed up to the date of the make-up lesson. If you did not miss any lessons, you will not have a lesson that week.
- Summer lessons are offered and are arranged at a mutually convenient time for the student and teacher.
- New students are encouraged to begin lessons at any time during the year. Tuition costs will be pro-rated to reflect the number of
- All students are encouraged to participate in two recitals each year. The holiday recital is held in December, and the spring recital is in late April or early May.
- Some students will be asked to participate in the annual examinations for the Colorado State Music Teachers Association (CSMTA), Achievement in Music (AIM), or
other area competitions and festivals. You will be given more information about these if you are asked to participate.
- Tuition prices are available upon request.